The agency is ready to take the steps to become independent from its founders, with a full leadership team and management structure, a clearer culture and solid processes.
Characteristics of the smarten-up stage
- You reach 30(ish) people
- Things start to get chaotic again, with the CEO and other management feeling like they're juggling way too many balls and starting to lose track.
- There are too many client projects for one person to keep across everything.
- Internal issues come up more, with greater impact. People get frustrated.
- The culture might feel fragile.
- You've been making good money, but margins may have been eroded.