This is the last of six summer specials of the agency leaders newsletter. In each edition, I'll suggest some prompts to think about when you get some time to yourself to think and dream about your agency. Make sure to rest lots first, but add in a day or two away from work here and there over the summer to just read and think. Creative businesses need their leaders to take this space for thinking or they stagnate.
Reflections on growth
What do you need to become for your agency to become what you need it to be?
How will you do that? What do you need to learn and how will you gain that knowledge? Who can you learn from? What do you need to read? What external help might you need?
If you had a friend who was an agency leader in a similar situation with similar dreams, what advice would you give them?
What are the first next steps for you to take?
Summer listening recommendation
As a break with the book recommendations from recent weeks, this is a recommendation to listen to the first season of our podcast interviews with agency leaders. A key focus in each episode is what they have learned, and how they have learned it.
Browse the episodes of the Convivio Agency Leaders Podcast, listen, and scroll to the bottom of that page to subscribe in your favourite podcast player. Season 2 goes live in September.
From the blog
Some highlights from our posts for agency leaders in the last year to catch up on or revisit:
- How you, and your agency, need to become a learning machine.
- How keeping a decision journal can help you learn and improve.
- Why your agency needs a playbook to capture all this knowledge.
Quotes of the week
“Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect.”
— Teller, one half of Penn & Teller
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”
― Stephen Hawking
Whenever you're ready, there are 3 ways I can help you:
- Learn vital skills for agency owners on one of our workshops, or online courses.
- Have your own Agency Advisory Board, to suit your agency's lifecycle stage, from only £225/mo.
- Give you an external expert perspective to help clarify and conquer what's rattling around your head right now. For an hour/a day of quick-fire help, or a bespoke engagement for longer term support.