Our guest on this episode is Vicki Young, the founder and CEO of Nalla, a brand consultancy based in London, UK.
She talks about:
- How some early jobs equipped her with some leadership skills, and her first agency jobs gave her some ideas of things she wanted to do differently.
- Having structured quarterly retrospectives to involve everyone in improving the business.
- The book Radical Candour by Kim Malone Scott and how it's helping her give clear and direct feedback.
- The struggle of maintaining connection and engagement during the extended remote working in the pandemic.
- How she needed to shape the business up to run effectively without her, as she took maternity leave.
- Taking some inspiration from the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) and the book Traction by Geno Wickman.
- Setting up a three year vision, and breaking it down into quarterly goals.
- Working towards having a more structured board, with retreats for stepping back and thinking about the longer term.